Basic understanding of Screenplay Structure and Formatting is preferred for quick readings.
What to expect at this Open Table Read event ?
Screenplay telling helps novice writers openly share their writing, overcome drawbacks by openly taking Free Feedback from fellow writers and later fixing the flaws in the Screenplay on their own schedule. No Pressure. ((unlike most Production Houses – where Client Commitments, Timelines/Deadlines, Market Pressure – are just a handful among tens of other issues to finish early, and then the writer is scrutinized for writing quality issues.
This group initiated by Filmy Arts Global, invites fresh and experienced writers for a friendly discussion. It’s a Golden Opportunity for everyone ready to learn and focus on developing stories worth sharing.
When is the Event ?
This event happens on multiple dates. Select & Register RSVP for a specific date suitable to you.
Where ? Venue ?
** use Map location for directions /address mentioned on the Ticket received by email, or the Event page. ** Free Open Parking is available at the venue. ** Make sure to RSVP / Check-in at the venue once you reach.
What to Bring ?
* Bring in printed 7-8 copies (only 1st 10 pages) of your Screenplay for sharing among participating members during the reading. All paper printed copies will be returned back to you along with FREE Feedback on Sticky Notes, once event is concluded.
* Bring Your Notebook – to take notes during discussion.
* Bring Your Pen / Pencil / highlighter – for marking notes.
* Bring a Friendly and Open Attitude to take feedback positively.
* Bring a friend along with you. It’s Open Read.
* Bring Your Own Drinks, if you prefer. Hot Coffee is available. NO Alcohol please.
Please Note :
** We only allow 1 Screenplay (1st 10 pages only) during table read. No Revisions. No Retakes. This helps keep different stories in rotation among all writers, and our meetings exciting enough, appreciating everyone’s effort and helps build a good understanding among peer writers.